- Do not enter flowerbeds, plant displays, waterfalls or mulched areas; Remain on the pathways and grassy turf at all times.
- Dogs are permitted but must be on a leash at all times.
- The following are prohibited:
- bicycles, skateboards, scooters , in-line skates
- picking any plants, seeds, fruit or vegetables
- catching any animals including insects
- feeding, harassing or harming any animals or destroying their nests or shelters
- climbing on or damaging any of the trees, rocks, works of art or buildings
- barbecues or other cooking devices
- jogging on sidewalk
- swimming, wading and fishing in the fountains, ponds and lakes
- littering. All garbage, including bagged dog waste, must be disposed of in the designated containers
- begging and solicitation
- smoking in children’s area
- aggressive behavior
- Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
- Radios and musical instruments are prohibited unless special authorization has been granted.
Children under 13 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
This is by no means an all-inclusive list of rules to abide by. We reserve the right to change these rules at any time without notice. If these rules are not adhered to, we reserve the right to escort you off the property and prevent admittance into the Gardens in the future.
Photo Guidelines for all Photographers
Attention photographers, we are having chronic problems with photographers not getting out on time. We try to have a laid back approach to photographing the gardens at a low cost. However, if photographers continue to not leave during our regular hours we will have to start requiring permits to do photo shoots at a higher cost like other botanical gardens. We hope you will respect our time and rules so it doesn't come to this.
- Please do not enter flowerbeds, plant displays, waterfalls or mulched areas; Remain on the pathways and grassy turf at all times.
- Proper attire at all times.
- Clothing changes must be done in a one of our bathrooms.
- Do not disturb or remove plants, plant labels, or containers.
- Do not climb trees, rocks or buildings
- Do not block entrances, pathways, or public use areas.
- Must exit gardens by our regular closing ours
- The Garden reserves the right to restrict access to certain areas, or escort photographers off property or permanently revoke access to the Garden if these conditions are not met.
- We reserve the right to change these guidelines without notice.
Personal and Portrait Photography
Individuals and portrait photographers may enter into the garden paying the regular admission fee into the Garden or by using their membership.
Commercial Photography / Videography
Photographs or videos used for commercials, product placement or advertising must first be authorized by the Director of Kanapaha and may be subject to additional fees.
Notice Regarding Photography/Video Consent
Upon entering Kanapaha, visitors give consent to Kanapaha Botanical Gardens to photograph or videotape them and any minor children who accompany to use the photograph(s) for informational, educational, promotional or publicity purposes concerning the Garden and its services. The photos or videos may be used on the Garden’s website, in publications or displays, newspapers, magazines, reports or other public documents; or electronic or digital recordings and visitors will not be entitled to any compensation for their use.